Farmers Market Celebrates 100 Fresh Years in Downtown Aurora
Aurora’s Farmers Market is celebrating 100 years. The market starting in downtown Aurora in 1912 and continues to today with fresh produce and so much more. Join over 45 vendors for “Saturday at the Market” from 7:30 a.m. to noon on August 4 at the trial location at North River Street Park.
Available this week: Just picked, locally grown, FARM FRESH SUPER SWEET – SWEET CORN! Mirai Corn is back, “It’s the sweetest corn you have ever tasted!” Fresh picked greens, tender beets, green beans, new potatoes, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, melons, tomatoes, peppers, carrots and so much more.
You’ll also find fresh roasted coffee beans, fresh hot and iced gourmet coffee, homemade jams, fresh baked organic artisan breads and home baked cobblers, cookies, muffins and much more.
Healthy Initiative – Going Greener
– Belfry Bees and Honey: Bee Master Ed Bell will be demonstrating the importance of bees in the environment. Come see actual bees, plus kids can try on Bee Keepers gear and learn how to collect honey.
– Fox Metro Medication Collection: Bring your out of date and unwanted prescriptions and over the counter medications for FREE safe and proper disposal
Rasmussen College presents “SPROUT CLUB” where Children in pre-school through fifth grade can learn and play together in the Sprouts Program on Nutrition during each downtown market in June, July and August. They can come for the fun and discover that eating fresh is a great start to every healthy day! This week’s project “Great Grapes”
The “Golden Oldies on the Organ” courtesy of Ron Newman will complement the market this week.
– Fresh Bratwurst available from Wurst Kitchens.
– Ceviche, tostadas and homemade tamales and more available from of Senor Taco.
– Fresh Brewed Iced Coffee & Lattes available from Fresh Ground Roasting.
– Fresh Baked Organic breads and rolls from Katic Bakery!
– Bring your knives for sharpening at the Finer Edge!
– “NEW THIS WEEK! Paddle and Trail’s Complimentary Bike Check.” They’ll be RENTING BIKES as well as providing a bike corral for those who peddle to the market!
– American Association of University of Women Annual Used Book Sale – Lots of gently used books at giveaway prices!
– Friends of Phillips Park: FREE tulip bulbs and Houseplants
– Health Checks by Planet Health, Rain Barrel Drawing, and much more!
Link Up Illinois, LINK/EBT cards are accepted at the Downtown Farmers Market to increase access to fresh fruits and vegetables to encourage healthier eating, PLUS participants can receive up to a $15 BONUS every Saturday.
The Aurora Farmers Market is every Saturday thru October. Come out on August 11 as the big 100 year celebration continues.