Downtown’s Top 10
Whether you live, work, or play in downtown Aurora, you will appreciate the amenities that downtown Aurora offers to everyone. Here’s a Top 10 List of why you’ll love downtown.
1. Easy access to public transportation. Downtown Aurora is the last Metra stop from Chicago, and the Aurora Transportation Center is right around the corner.
2. Food options that suit everybody’s tastes. From a quick sub to a savory five-course meal, downtown has dozens of restaurants to choose from.
3. Bike and walking trails from downtown to your backyard.
4. Outdoor water sports and recreation along the scenic Fox River are at your fingertips.
5. Convenient shopping along Downer and Broadway
6. Arts and entertainment are second to none in downtown Aurora.
7. Historic buildings and unique architecture. Downtown Aurora boasts the most George Grant Elmslie commercial buildings in the U.S.
8. Four museums and a library.
9. Community. From arts mixers to family game nights, downtown Aurora has gatherings for everyone.
10. Open space. Parks are an important part of downtown Aurora; there’s always a place to picnic or sit a spell in downtown.